Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

CAPEA

CAPEA Reflection

My initial thought about CAPEA was that I was surprised that an organization of professors of educational administration even existed.  The more I thought about it, the less surprised I became.  I started to realize that it made sense for these professors to form a tribe to discuss issues that are relevant to their profession.  I thought that the conversation that took place was positive and represented a variety viewpoints.  Some people were a bit taken back by some of the comments that were made by members of CAPEA, but I wasn't.  I think that it is good to be open to the ideas of others and to give them proper consideration.

I was impressed by the work that some of the CAPEA officers had done during the year to improve the status and credibility of their programs.  Finally, the discussion on Ed.D and Ph.D programs was lively and interesting.  I shared a link on Edmodo about Ed.D and Ph.D programs that I hope that you had time to read.  My question is "What is the most widely accepted description of the difference between these two programs?"  Is it that the holder of a Ph.D is more research driven and the holder of the Ed.D is more likely to use his/her skills in a more practical way?  I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this question.
Peace Out,
Beto

PS  You can probably guess what the photo is of, but do you know the history of the subject of the photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment